Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Camino Preparation Post - March 26

 I'm out on a training walk today and am thinking about the spiritual preparation part of training in addition to the physical part. Why am I doing this?
For those of you who don't know me well, I am a hyper organized, task oriented, schedule driven kind of gal. This is a God given strength, but it can also be one of my greatest weaknesses. In working towards getting a task done, I often miss the joy of the doing. I can focus so heavily on the endpoint that the getting there is completely missed.
I want to be mindful of this on The Camino. I could get so lost in the logistics (the where to next, where will we stay, what will we eat, what will the weather be like today...) that I miss the journey. I need to keep the urge to control things in check and let God reveal himself and His daily plan for us along The Way. Pray for me to have the peace of mind to stop, to look, to listen, to breathe deep, and to find joy in the journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment